Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Who Am I and What This Is

Hello,

My name is Daniel, and according to society, I am a Vietnamese (or in even more general terms - Asian) male who is currently a university undergraduate.

This blog is a space to contemplate and explore who I am, where am I, where I want to go, and how I'm going to get there.

Some things I look to explore:
1. What it means to be Viet-kieu (Vietnamese displaced from Viet Nam) - especially in America (My-ly). This means contemplating anything from history and food to being a colonized person existing in a white supremacist society.

2. What it means to be a Vietnamese male (person of color male) and this social construct fits into the framework of a white patriarchal society.

3.
Imagining a world after capitalism and the material ways in which to dismantle capitalism (as both a social and economic system of oppression).

4. What it means to be in a heterosexual relationship and how that fits into the framework of a hetero-normative society.

I seek to be as transparent as possible, for if not for potential readers, this blog is also for myself and my own reflection and growth.

I am not invested in just theoretical babbling, but rather, am most concerned with how to transform the theoretical into material practice.

This is an introduction and sort of an outline/organization of the purpose for the existence of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment